Q: Which safety razor should I buy?
- A: There isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this, so go ahead and fill out the contact form with your needs and we'll recommend one for you! Don't forget to tell us your skin type, height, and why you're looking to switch to safety razor shaving!
Q: Which pomade should I try?
- A: All of them :) It really depends on what you're looking for, but some of our favorites are: The Iron Society Original, Mr Ducktail Hair Grease, and Schmiere Knuppelhart Rock Hard Pomade
Q: Why should I get an expensive hair comb?
- A: Don't knock it till you've tried it. A lot of our hair combs are made of anti static materials which make it easy to comb your hair and style the way you want to.
Q: Why do I need a shaving brush?
- A: You don't need one. Traditional wet shaving is a pretty timely process, but I can guarantee you'll get a more comfortable shave. If your skin is easily irritated or you're prone to ingrown hairs, a shaving brush + shaving soap/cream is probably the answer.
Q: Do I need a long handle razor??
- A: It might be more comfortable for you and it might make it easier for you to transition from the long handled cartridge razors over to a safety razor. In the long run, you'll start to hold the safety razor differently and a lot closer to the head, leaving the rest of the handle as slack.
Q: What should I know before switching to a safety razor?
- A: You're making moves, but before you dive in, here's what you need to know:
- unlike shaving with a cartridge razor (Mach 3, Fusion), you won't be adding and pressure to a safety razor and you're just going to let the weight of the razor do the cutting.
- some of the reason why you're getting irritation while shaving with a cartridge razor is due to the fact that after the initial cut, the rest of the blades are just butchering your bare skin (contrary to what the graphic in the commercial is telling you). Because of this, you probably don't need a full shaving kit to start. Start off with switching razors, and if that reduces irritation, you may not even need a shaving brush.